[Serusers] OPTIONS method

Nils Ohlmeier nils at ohlmeier.de
Tue Mar 11 14:30:35 CET 2003

Hi Greg,

OPTIONS is a request which determines the capabilities of the destination. A
UA or a proxy should answer with its supported features (see RFC for
details).
I think Ser is currently not able to answer such a request correctly. But i
have never seen a UA which queried the server. You can send an OPTIONS
whenever you want, for example to change the connection with a re-INVITE,
allthough it makes more sence to query the capabilities before a connection.

But OPTIONS is also used for "traceroute" (see RFC for details, and sipsak for
an implementation) because it do not establish a call to the UA.

Regards
  Nils