[Serusers] Parsing Message

Stephan Reiff-Marganiec srm at cs.stir.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 13:47:03 CET 2003

| In regards to your log:
| You seem to be processing this reply (600 Policy Server Msg) in the
| route block of your config script. This is not possible because the
| route block can process requests only, it is never executed
| for replies.
| That is the reason why you get the error message from
| parse_sip_msg_uri,
| this function parses Request URI which is not there because it is a
| reply. parse_sip_msg_uri gets called either by your module directly or
| by some other function that follows in the script.

Managed the Parsing now. I see your point with respect to the response, but
how would I handle the following case then:

1) Proxy received Request from UA and should respond to the UA swallowing
the original message (that is my module generates a response message) -- as
I tried above.

2) Proxy receives response from terminating side UA/Proxy and should respond
to them, that is generate a new request without the response bubbling up to
the UA.

3) Proxy creates a number of responses/requests to be send.

I do not need stateful routing.

I was assuming to find a functions like send_request(msg) and
send_response(msg) or send_msg(msg) that can be used by modules to send msg
to the proxy and leave the routing to the proxy according to ser.cfg
instructions, but ignoring instructions in the route block *before* the call
to the module -- which probably should allow me to do all of the above.

thanks,
Stephan

Stephan

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may