[Serusers] Messenger 4.7, CIsco and PSTN

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Mar 5 17:35:38 CET 2003

I have to dig at it abit, but it may also be a codec issue on the Phone.
I had a similar error before telling the Cisco which codec to use.  I see
you are using G711Alaw.  Can you try G711Ulaw?

The PSTN hand-off section of your config looks very familiar to me, so if
you did pull it from the Howto, note that it is an example of what worked
for me.  I've seen quite a few much more sophisticated scripts on the list.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jiri Kuthan [mailto:jiri at iptel.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 2:29 AM
To: Rikard Westlund; serusers at lists.iptel.org
Subject: Re: [Serusers] Messenger 4.7, CIsco and PSTN

I suspect what happens is that you forward the requests with your server's address in its r-uri to gateway "as is" and the Cisco
gateway would like to see its IP address in the r-uri instead. Try rewriting r-uri -- see bellow.

As for the Messenger problem, see our doc http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/seruser-html/x878.html#AEN890

-Jiri

At 11:04 AM 3/5/2003, Rikard Westlund wrote:
> [...]
>fork=yes
>log_stderror=no # (cmd line: -E)
>check_via=no    # (cmd. line: -v)
>dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
>rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
>port=5060
>children=4
>fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
>
># ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------
>
># Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
>loadmodule "//usr/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"
>
>loadmodule "//usr/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
>loadmodule "//usr/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
>loadmodule "//usr/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
>loadmodule "//usr/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
>loadmodule "//usr/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
>loadmodule "//usr/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"
>
># Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
># mysql.so must be loaded !
>loadmodule "//usr/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
>
># ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------
>
># -- usrloc params --
>
>#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)
>
># Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
># for persistent storage and comment the previous line
>modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
>
># -- auth params --
># Uncomment if you are using auth module
>#
>#modparam("auth", "secret", "alsdkhglaksdhfkloiwr") modparam("auth",
>"calculate_ha1", yes) #
># If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
># uncomment also the following parameter)
>#
>modparam("auth", "password_column", "password")
>
># -------------------------  request routing logic -------------------
>
># main routing logic
>
>route{
>
>        # initial sanity checks -- messages with
>        # max_forwars==0, or excessively long requests
>        if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
>                sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
>                break;
>        };
>        if (len_gt( max_len )) {
>                sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
>                break;
>        };
>

>        # Do strict routing if pre-loaded route headers present
>        rewriteFromRoute();
>
>        # if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
>        # (in case, it does not work, use the following command
>        # with proper names and addresses in it)
>        if (uri==myself) {
>
>                if (method=="REGISTER") {
>
># Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
>                        if (!www_authorize("norrtull.nexus.se", "subscriber")) {
>                                www_challenge("norrtull.nexus.se", "0");
>                                break;
>                        };
>
>                        save("location");
>                        break;
>                };
>
># attempt handoff to PSTN
>
>                if (uri=~"^sip:1[0-9]*@norrtull.nexus.se") {  ##  This assumes that the caller is
>                       log("Forwarding to PSTN\n");      ##  registered in our realm

*** here *** rewrite uri prior to fwd-ing.
                        rewritehostport("cisco_ip:5060");