[Serusers] routing question

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 17 19:54:18 CEST 2003

Hello:

   I have some Cisco phones registered to SER running on
FreeBSD 4.7. Users of these phones want to dial a telephone
number and have the call correctly routed out to the PSTN
via a Cisco gateway on the network. The users of course
only key-in a telephone number. No domain name or
IP address. I thought the following code would correctly
append the IP address and port of the gateway to their
telephone number so the call could get routed correctly. This
is not working. Instead either the IP address of the calling
phone or the domain name for my domain is appended. Any
thought on how to correct this would be appreciated.

       # check if it's about PSTN destinations through our gateway;
        if (uri=~"sip:9{10}")
        {
                route(4);
                break;
        };

        route[4]
                 some account statements followed by
                 rewritehostport("ip-address-of-pstn-gateway:5060");

Thanks,Steve