[Serusers] problem with plain text messages

Alexander Hoffmann alexander.hoffmann at netgenius.de
Wed Jun 4 15:03:53 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm running an SER checked out from cvs with almost unchanged standard
config file based on [ser]/etc/ser.cfg (see attachment).
Sending a short plain text message from a MS Messenger on a Win XP
machine in the LAN to a kphone on the linux host running also the SER
works fine. And that even though the SDP part of the request claims
about an "invalid line" (btw.: you can watch the attached *.ngrep files
with ethereal).
Sending a message the other way around (from kphone to messenger) the
messenger replies with 400 Bad Request. I made sure that the messenger's
privacy settings allow any user to send messages to me. The same (reply:
400 Bad request) happens if I send a plain text message from one MS
Messenger to another on two different hosts in any direction.

Can you help my find out why I can't receive text messages with MS
Messenger ?

Thank you very much,
Alex