[Serusers] Forwarding to another number if busy

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Jun 2 20:48:19 CEST 2003

t_on_negative along with reply_route, or better named in 8.11
t_on_failure along with failure_route can do that. They simply
capture all cases which resulted in a downstream failure
(negative reply or non-responsive UAS). They don't care if it
is "busy", "DnD" or whatsoever. (8.11 could do more about that
if needed.)

e.g.,
   t_on_negative(1);
   t_relay();
reply_route[1] {
  revert_uri();
  rewritehostport("voicemail.com");
  append_uri();
}

There is currently no way to personalize forwrding -- in the example
above, you simply change hostname in a fixed manner. Personalized
forwarding should not be any difficult development effort, if needed.

Also, there is a first version of voicemail component in 8.11.

-jiri