[Serusers] PostgreSQL

Greg Fausak greg at august.net
Mon Jul 28 18:49:28 CEST 2003

I had this issue as well.

I reported to the list several months ago.  I thought
I posted the fix as well, perhaps not.

The reason is that SER opens many, many database
connections.  I believe 32 connections are opened.  So
You have to increase the number of database connections you
handle in the postgres configuration, which defaults to 16
I think.

The setting you need to tweak is
max_connections = 256
in the postgresql.conf file.  The database then needs to be
restarted.   Note that this setting affects others, both directly
related
to postgres and also the operating system (file descriptors, etc)...

---greg