low-density PSTN gateway (was Re: [Serusers] Firewall and NAT

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Thu Jul 24 08:16:40 CEST 2003

At 02:23 PM 7/23/2003, Rich Adamson wrote:
>Think the FXS is a Foreign Exchange interface intended to tie
>a ser-accessible gateway to a telephone/pbx line (not to a
>telephone instrument).

I always thought that was FXO but I periodically confuse these
two abbreviations. Anyway, if folks want to have a low-cost
analog-line gateway, the cheapest I'm aware of are ~1000+ with
four analog ports. That's audiocodes and allied telesyn -- I never
tested them though and my hand-waving guess is that these
products still need to mature.

If anyone is aware of an affordable PSTN gateway, let me know.

-jiri