[Serusers] configuration examples for using "dbtext" and "pa"

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Jul 23 08:51:32 CEST 2003

At 08:53 PM 7/22/2003, Director General: NEFACOMP wrote:
>Does this store accounting information in a database? Does it store missed
>calls?
>Does it solve the alias problem?
>The documentation lacks a lot of information. For example what does the
>lookup("aliases") do? I used it but it gives no results!!!

The information is included in documentation, reading it would certainly
help you very much. http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/prerelease/x830.html#AEN852
In general, I think you really want to read it before posting questions
to serusers community.

>Maybe a nice guy should send a ser.cfg file that will help me use aliases
>and store accounting information in the MySQL database.

I feel so flattered, that I'm sending few config fragments:

# set DB access
modparam("acc", "db_url", "sql://foo:bar@dbhost/ser")
..
# set DB-accoutning for missed calls
modparam("acc", "db_missed_flag", 3 )
# if user not found....handle it in route(4)
    if (!lookup("location")) {
        # handle user which was not found ...
        route(4);
        break;
    };
# if user found, relay; set up repoting on failures if negative
# reply came from downstream
   setflag(3);
   t_relay();
route[3] {
    # non-Voip -- just send "off-line"
    if (!(method=="INVITE" || method=="ACK" || method=="CANCEL")) {
        sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
        break;
    };
    if (t_newtran()) {
            t_reply("404", "Not Found");
            acc_db_request("404 missed call", "missed_calls");

    };
}

>The documentation I
>downloaded from the SER website says that MySQL logging and accounting is
>experimental but they don't show how you can experiment it.

If they shown, they would not be experimental.

-jiri