[Serusers] Firewall and NAT

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Jul 23 08:37:40 CEST 2003

At 03:08 AM 7/23/2003, kekin dand wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am new to Ser. I am able to configure the Ser and
>mysql on linux both are working fine I am able to
>register with messenger with in our Internal Network.
>What I want is to access this server and register it
>from out of office employees.

I think the easiest solution for you would be use of a VPN.

>We are using Check Point firewall I configured this
>server to allow both way in/out and NATED with public
>IP.
>For testing purpose I kept all ports opened in the
>firewall, for this particular server. I don’t why I am
>not able to register it.
>What am I doing wrong? Do I need to configure anything
>else in SER or Mysql?

Hard to say what is you filtering/NAT problem. Keep in
mind that getting SIP alone over fw/nat doesn't help
as you want media to get through as well. That's a much
harder problem. Again, VPN is imho a fairly reasonable
choice for remote workers.

>Which is better PSTN gateway. We are looking at 1 to 2
>FXS port at this time for testing purpose.

? FXS is a PSTN-phone-2-IP gateway, isn't it? The most
popular is cisco's ata.

-jiri