[Serusers] SER listening on TCP

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jul 10 19:29:04 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> No. stunnel is used for SSL-tunneling inetd daemons. It won't work with
> ser. sip proxies have to be able to open new connections (they can't be
> run from inetd).
> Even if you use it to re-inject the packets on another port (e.g. send
>  all the ssl stuff on tcp localhost:5060 via netcat) you will still not
>  have a tls sip server (any connections opened from ser side will still
>  be non-tls).
> A TLS sip proxy should also support sips: uris.

I agree it would not be able to handle outgoing connections. Still,
this should allow TLS communication between the UA and its proxy
(especially REGISTER), correct me if I'm wrong.

> BTW: what tls-enabled sip uac do you use?

I just tried connecting to my stunnel with Windows Messenger, but it
failed with almost no reason given. I will tried to see what happens
with tcpdump.

Thanks for your help,
--
Johan