[Serusers] SER listening on TCP

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Jul 10 18:15:25 CEST 2003

On Jul 10, 2003 at 15:34, Johan Bilien <jobi at via.ecp.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this was asked before, I made a quick research in the archives,
> but didn't find anything relevant.
>
> On test purposes, I would like to have a TLS SIP server. My idea was to
> use stunnel to establish the TLS tunnel, then forward the traffic to
> SER. I have two questions regarding this:
>
>  * Do you think that using stunnel would be sufficient ?

No. stunnel is used for SSL-tunneling inetd daemons. It won't work with
ser. sip proxies have to be able to open new connections (they can't be
run from inetd).
Even if you use it to re-inject the packets on another port (e.g. send
 all the ssl stuff on tcp localhost:5060 via netcat) you will still not
 have a tls sip server (any connections opened from ser side will still
 be non-tls).
A TLS sip proxy should also support sips: uris.

BTW: what tls-enabled sip uac do you use?

Andrei