[Serusers] nathelper updated to support RTP proxy

Ricardo Villa ricvil at epm.net.co
Thu Jul 10 04:18:06 CEST 2003

Hi Maxim,

UA1 is the Nortel Networks SIP Client.  I did not put it behind a NAT so as
to avoid any issues.  But I followed your suggestion and swapped it for
another ATA186.  It seems to work fine now.  Made about 20 calls and all had
fine audio.  Any ideas why other UAs can have problems even though they are
not behind a NAT??

>From my observations of the rtpproxy output, I notice that when the call is
successfull I see these two lines:
addr1 filled in
addr2 filled in

But when there is no audio I only see:
addr1 filled in

By the way we mainly use ATA186s on our network but there are a handul of
others that should coexist if we were to deply the RTPProxy.

Thanks,
Ricardo