[Serusers] Accounting with SER

Greg Fausak greg at august.net
Mon Jul 7 23:38:13 CEST 2003

Syslog is a standard unix facility.
Normally, in a standard linux install, you will see
a file named /var/log/messages.  That is where the
accounting information will be written.

You can groom this, for instance, if you want to
direct the messages from SER to a special file, using
the syslog facility.  You will need to look at the manual
page, ie:

man syslog.conf

to get some ideas about this.

The syslog entries are enabled with the lines:

loadmodule "/usr/ser/lib/ser/modules/acc.so"
modparam("acc", "log_level", 1)
modparam("acc", "log_flag", 1 )
modparam("acc", "log_fmt", "miocfsu" )

route
{
                setflag(1);
                setflag(2);

}

I can't comment on the accounting module for mysql, but I imagine
that is described by the accounting README.txt file in the appropriate
module directory.

Our implementation scans the syslog files and writes into a postgres
database the call accounting stuff.

There is a bit of a learning curve involved with this.  However, the
programming documentation is very good and this list is great for
when you get stumped, but only then :-)

---greg
Greg Fausak
Addaline.com, Inc.