[Serusers] Rewriting URI

Greg Fausak greg at august.net
Fri Jan 31 01:50:42 CET 2003

Jan,

> Greg, comments inline.
>
> On 30-01 16:16, Greg Fausak wrote:
> > I'm trying to forward to a VOIP gateway hosted by
> > Nikotel.  They are keying on the @domain in the to-uri.
> > I cannot get the to-uri to rewrite to their domain.
>
>   To URI cannot be rewritten. Only Request URI can be changed.
>   Proxy is not supposed to touch To header URI because it must not
>   change.
>
> > What is the trick?  I just got off the phone with someone
> > at Nikotel and they said that iptel is working with
> > their gateway.
>
>   What exactly is the problem ? Do you have some ngrep dump of the
>   message exchange with the gateway ? Could you provide us with
>   more details ?

Well, the problem was that the nikotel gateway was using the to uri,
and the to uri had to match theirs.

Now I am getting 'proxy required' messages.  While I was writing this
That was fixed, now I'm struggling with another problem, but it looks
Like I don't need to change the to--uri anymore.

> > Another similar question.  My setup works by:
> > 1) My customer sends an invite for 9725551212 at mydomain.com
> > 2) I authenticate with my customer with www-authorize
> > 3) I forward the packet using least cost routing, normally
> >    to an external sip gateway.  Hoever, the SIP INVITE request
> >    that I'm forwarding has become polluted with my authentication
> >    with my customer.  Is there some way to remove that
> authentication
> >    from the INVITE before relaying to SIP PSTN gateway?
>
>   Yes, there is function consume_credentials in auth module
> which removes
>   the authorized credentials. What version of ser do you have
> ? If I recall
>   correctly there was a bug in the function in older
> versions, I will send
>   you a patch if necessarry.

My version is ser-0.8.10, which has the consume credentials call.
I tried it and it works perfectly.  I remember seeing this in the README
In the modules directory, I just forgot...Thanks,

---greg