[Serusers] ser, pstn gateways

Jev jev at ecad.org
Tue Jan 28 17:41:50 CET 2003

Hello all,

Im using ser, with esteras softphone, and a couple of cisco ata186's. I
have to say I really like ser, as it is small fast, and reliable without
being over complicated.

I would like to know what other ser users and developers use for pstn
gateways? I have a openline4 card from voictronix, but there is no
software support for sip (When I bought it I thought I would use h.323).

I have looked at cisco's pstn gateway modules, but was turned off them
because of price, and lack of clear straight forward information to name
but two reasons.

Ideally what I would like to have is a solution that would support at
least 4 pstn lines (expandable to maybe 8), that would run on FreeBSD
(or at worst linux), works well with sip & ser, with high quality audio,
and minimal delays when dialing in out.

TIA,
-Emil