[Serusers] Password problem with ser and mysql

Klaus Darilion darilion at ict.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 17 11:56:59 CET 2003

Hello Jan!

Comments inline.
> default username and password for auth module is
> serro:47serro11, if you are able to login as ser:heslo, then
> username and password can be changed.

> If you change your password in mysql, you must change it for
> ser at localhost For example: grant ALL on ser.* to
> ser at localhost identified by 'klaus';

I changed it for localhost, but it won't work.

> If you use something like grant ALL on ser.* to ser
> identified by 'klaus'; then the server will be unable to
> login to the database.
>
> Try also the following:
> mysql -h localhost -u ser -p ser

I changed the password of ser at localhost to 'klaus'. I can connect to
mysql with
mysql -h localhost -u ser -p ser
and password 'klaus'. I changed the password in ser.cfg to 'klaus'
  modparam("auth", "db_url", "sql://ser:klaus@localhost/ser")
, but still the ser server can't start:
  : connect_db(): Access denied for user: 'ser at localhost' (Using
password: YES)

I still think there must be a bug somewhere, so that ser tries to
connect with the 'heslo' password.

regards,
Klaus