[Serusers] Password problem with ser and mysql

Jan Janak J.Janak at sh.cvut.cz
Fri Jan 17 00:06:30 CET 2003

Hello,

default username and password for auth module is serro:47serro11,
if you are able to login as ser:heslo, then username and password
can be changed.

If you change your password in mysql, you must change it for
ser at localhost
For example: grant ALL on ser.* to ser at localhost identified by 'klaus';

If you use something like grant ALL on ser.* to ser identified by 'klaus';
then the server will be unable to login to the database.

Try also the following:
mysql -h localhost -u ser -p ser
This will prompt for password, if you are unable to login with your password,
ser will be unable to login as well (probably because you changed password
for ser and not for ser at localhost)

  regards, Jan.