[Serusers] multiple domain madness

Jan Janak J.Janak at sh.cvut.cz
Fri Jan 10 01:45:02 CET 2003

On 09-01 23:57, Michael Graff wrote:
> Jan Janak <J.Janak at sh.cvut.cz> writes:
>
> >   It's done already. The next release will be extended exactly this way.
>
> Cool, can I find this in the cvs repository?

  Not everything yet. Some changes are in my local snapshot only and I will
  commit them once I test them. Using CVS snapshot is not a good idea right
  now, many changes have been done recently.

  It would be cool if you could help us with testing, do you want me to send you
  a message when all the changes are in the CVS and considered working ?

> > > Of course, I'd also like to replace the scripting language with
> > > embedded Perl, but...  :)
> >
> >   Why ?
>
> Because Perl is pretty good at pattern matching, and is a much more
> powerful language, and I don't like creating Yet Another Language.

  ser has been optimized for speed. Embedding perl would slow it down a lot.
  The language provided with ser is not powerful because it is used to glue
  things together only. If you need something complex, it should be implemented
  as a module.

   Jan.