[Serusers] multiple domain madness

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Jan 10 00:40:10 CET 2003

At 12:08 AM 1/10/2003, Michael Graff wrote:
>Using multiple domains in one server is pretty hard.
>
>The schema even fights with me.  I can't have both "graff" in the
>"isc.org" domain and "graff" in the "flame.org" domain, for instance,
>at least with the same user name.  I think the unique field there
>should be a <user, domain> tuple.

You need to maintain multiple user tables, one for each domain.
Just copy "location" in mysql to "location_otherdomain" and use

  if (uri=~"...otherdomain...") lookup("location_otherdomain");

I admit it is too manual -- the next ser release will have
one table keyed by pair username-domain.

> Additionally, all tables should
>probably grow a domain column, and lookup() would take that as an
>argument (defaulting to the host-portion of the URI, probably)

We will have the domain name as part of the mysql table.
and lookuop will search by both username and the domain
name. The domain name will have to be canonized first,
as for example some UAC put IP address in URI, which would
not match then.

-Jiri