[Serusers] SER as UAS

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Jan 10 01:04:21 CET 2003

At 11:27 PM 1/9/2003, Viji Krishnan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have one more question.
>What is the performance of the "ser"
>incomparison to call handling using ISUP.

I do not know about documents about performance achieavable by
existing ISUP implementations.

>Is there a factor for assuming that if
>the performance for ISUP is 100 cps then
>for SIP the performance would be divided
>by 2 and that the maximum calls that can be
>supported by "ser" would be 50.

I don't understand how performance of SER could depend on
peformance of some other unrelated device. Also, you wish
to compare peformance, you need to refer to products
(SER, Southern Telecom's SS7 superswitch, etc.) rather than
to protocol specificitations (SIP, ISUP). SIP specification
cannot have 50 cps -- that's simply not  a valid measure for
a protocol spec. A broken sip implementation can have 50 cps,
of course. I heard of some that did.

-Jiri