[Serusers] SER as UAS

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Jan 7 23:23:15 CET 2003

At 10:39 PM 1/7/2003, Viji Krishnan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I downloaded SER yesterday

Congratulation to having chosen to use the fastest, most
flexible and beautiful SIP server ever :-)

>and I am trying to
>run it as a UAS.
>
>I am using the sample configuration uas.cfg.
>I modified it so that on receiving an INVITE
>I send a 200 OK. Now the problem is when I
>use the t_reply command to send the 200 OK,
>it doesn't add any SDP part to it.
>
>Is there anyway an SDP can be added to the
>200 OK response to the INVITE.

No. The reason is we have not tried to bind ser to
applications yet (and adding application payload
without an application is little useful).

We are now in the process of adding support for
coupling ser with external applications, like
media player. In such scenarios, ser will pass
signaling to the apps, and the apps will have
absolute freedom to tell ser via an IPC channel
how the reply should look like.

Is that what you are looking for?

-Jiri