[Serusers] Some Module Questions

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Feb 26 10:26:05 CET 2003

First, I recommend to developers to use CVS code -- it has not been tested
sufficiently yet but we carried out so many clean ups that using 0_8_10
would just cost lot of porting effort later.

At 07:13 PM 2/25/2003, Stephan Reiff-Marganiec wrote:
>1) how do I get a message that I have received -- say in char *msg_buf -- to
>be the message that is used for further routing?

The mechanism we use now is reply_route. We mark transactions to be revisited
when a final negative reply comes back with t_on_negative. then, reply_route
is entered and the original request is processed again. One could achieve
similar functionality which would be less script-programmable but more powerful
using TM callbacks.

>The policy server might
>have changed any header fields or even created a (or several) completely new
>message(s).

As for changing header fields, the following memo may be usefult for you.
http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ser/sip_router/doc/tmemo/tmemo-jiri-sat.txt?rev=1.3

>2) can the module send back intermediate messages, such as 1xx info, while
>it is still continuing its work? This is to provide the user with feedback
>should things take while ...

As long as they are 1xx, I think so.

>3) I also want the module to react to SIP response messages (4xx and so). I
>assumed providing a response_function would do this, but apparently not (I
>had a simple one which was just LOGging some text to the system log, but it
>never did create any entries). So how can I do this?

We will probably have new route blocks designed for reply processing -- Maxim
has already pioneered that and I'm looking now how to integrate with other
ideas we want to put in the running code.

-Jiri