[Serusers] Some Module Questions

Stephan Reiff-Marganiec srm at cs.stir.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 19:13:29 CET 2003

Hi,

Context: I am currently writing a module that allows me to connect to a
policy server -- not unlike CPL. It essentially routes the message out to
the server and then receives a response. I get the message out ok, and will
receive a complete sip message back. The module main function is called in
the ser.cfg.

Here are my questions:
1) how do I get a message that I have received -- say in char *msg_buf -- to
be the message that is used for further routing? The policy server might
have changed any header fields or even created a (or several) completely new
message(s).

2) can the module send back intermediate messages, such as 1xx info, while
it is still continuing its work? This is to provide the user with feedback
should things take while ...

3) I also want the module to react to SIP response messages (4xx and so). I
assumed providing a response_function would do this, but apparently not (I
had a simple one which was just LOGging some text to the system log, but it
never did create any entries). So how can I do this?

thanks,

Stephan

--
Dr Stephan Reiff-Marganiec
Research Fellow

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may