[Serusers] Redundant forwarding

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Fri Feb 21 20:33:03 CET 2003

This is probably a very simple question.  I'm trying to create a very
simplistic configuration that simply forwards the call to one of two
fixed destinations.  Essentially, it forwards all calls to server A and
if that fails, forwards the call to server B.  Forwarding to server A is
no problem.  Within route, I simply have:

   if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
      sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
      break;
   };
   if (len_gt( max_len )) {
      sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
      break;
   };
   rewriteFromRoute();

   if (!forward("192.168.1.1")) {
      sl_reply_error();
   };

This works perfectly, but only forwards to one server.  I tried changing
the last bit to:

   if (!forward("192.168.1.1")) {
      if (!forward("192.168.0.1")) {
         sl_reply_error();
      };
   };

However, this results in "ERROR: bad config file (5 errors)".
Any suggestions?  Is something like this possible?

--
Jamin W. Collins