[Serusers] kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 3780 (ser).

jaime.gill at orange.co.uk jaime.gill at orange.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 13:03:57 CET 2003

Hi,

We have had a strange crash in the SER server we use. The load was not that big
- around 10 users being served at that time. All of a sudden, the server stops
responding and reports the following error in /var/log/messages:

Feb  4 14:41:35 sip kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 3780 (ser).
Feb  4 14:54:52 sip kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 3857 (ser).
Feb  4 14:58:08 sip last message repeated 10 times
Feb  4 15:02:17 sip kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 3860 (ser).
Feb  4 15:13:32 sip last message repeated 66 times

[continues.....]

Has someone else met this before?

Jaime

Important.
Confidentiality: This communication is intended for the above-named person and
may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any opinions expressed in this
communication are not necessarily those of the company. If it has come to you
in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to
anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.

Monitoring/Viruses
Orange may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current
legislation.  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

Orange PCS Limited is a subsidiary of Orange SA and is registered in England No
2178917, with its address at St James Court, Great Park Road, Almondsbury Park,
Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QJ.