[Serusers] Routing with ser / Problems with linphone

Klaus Darilion darilion at ict.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 5 11:18:56 CET 2003

Hello!

I've installed ser (sip:obelix.ict.tuwien.ac.at) und want'ed to use it
with linphone, so I configured linphone to use ser as outbound proxy and
registrar. The registration works fine but not the INVITEs. ser answers
to an INVITE from linphone with a 404 Not Found and I found out that the
problem is the "Route" header in the INVITE from linphone.

Route: <sip:obelix.ict.tuwien.ac.at;lr>

When I remove the header from the invite and send it manually (sipsak)
the ser proxy accepts the invite and forwards it. I think ser reacts
wrong because if an RFC3261 proxy gets an request with a route header
which points to itself it should remove the header and forward the
request.

Than I tried the same with an different proxy in the route header:

Route: <sip:iptel.org;lr>

Now, my ser proxy (sip:obelix.ict.tuwien.ac.at) accepts the request and
forwards it to iptel.org, but it rewrites the invite to:
INVITE sip:iptel.org;lr SIP/2.0

Thats what an RFC2543 proxy would do, but not an RFC3261 proxy, which
only is allowed to do that if the route header has no "lr" parameter or
if he is responsible for the domain in the request URI. If there is an
"lr" parameter the proxy must not change the request URI.

If I'm wrong please let me know.

I use ser 0.8.10 with the standard config file and linphone 0.9.1 &
0.10.0

Regards,
Klaus