[Serusers] SER outbound routing?

Geert Nijpels nijpels at euronet.nl
Mon Dec 29 16:01:59 CET 2003

Juha Heinanen wrote:

>i have submitted patches to ser permissions that allow you to define
>trusted peers.  ask your provider to switch to ser and use that
>feature.  then they don't need to authenticate your proxy.
>
>-- juha

So the provider has to use ser, has to use the "permissions" module and
has to put an entry in the file "permissions.allow". I think it's a nice
idea, but I doubt a provider like Vonage will do this.

I can think of the following solutions:
- Buy a phone with multiple lines and program the credentials in the phone
- Use Asterisk next to ser and have a prefix routed to asterisk.
Configure asterisk to register with the proxy.

I'm not sure, but maybe when a b2bua module is made ser could act as a
UAC and register with other proxies.

Kind regards,

Geert Nijpels