[Serusers] Serweb problems

Leo Schouten leo.schouten at carrier1.com
Tue Dec 23 15:09:05 CET 2003

On Monday 22 December 2003 21:23, you wrote:
> >Call me a noob, but I'm having similar problems as Jon mentions in his
> >original post, albeit limited to one file: preload.js.
> >
> >I suspect the preload.js plays a part in accepting anything that is
> > entered in whatever html form that is within SerWeb.
>
> not really, they are a relict from web design mixed with serweb code.
> It is removed from CVS now.
>
> >The admin logon screen returns empty when I fillout the username/password
> > and hit the Login button.
>
> That must have some other reason. My quick guess is you did not apply
> correct PHP settings, as suggested in INSTALL
>             - short_open_tag = on
>             - register_globals = on
> (or you use other php.ini file than you think, etc)
>

> merry christmas,
>
> -jiri

Hi Jiri,
Thanks for your  quick reply.
Indeed it seems that php doesn't quite know where to find his php.ini file.
phpinfo claims it is at /usr/local/lib, but I put it in /etc/apache (as per
installation instructions).
Both locations don't seem to have much impact, I've changed some variables in
php.ini, and re-checked phpinfo...no change...

So, I'm going to do some psycho-analysis on why php seems to have problems
with his ego and his place on my system :)

I'm pretty sure  that this indeed is the reason for the forms not working
properly. If the settings you mention in the php.ini are not read by php,
then all sorts of funny things can happen.

I'll let you know the result,

Merry Christmas,

Leo