[Serusers] Call connections take too long

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Dec 22 21:20:24 CET 2003

To add a comment here...we have seen some cases where the UA (ATA186)
introduces a 3-5 second delay when a call is coming in.  A sniffer trace
revealed that when the call came in, it immediately tried to contact the NTP
server (for the Caller ID time).  The server did not respond so the delay was
introduced while the ATA186 was waiting for this NTP response.  If we change
the NTP server config on the ATA to point to a correct one then the delay is
removed.

Regards,
Andres
http://www.telesip.net