[Serusers] SER starter

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Dec 17 20:27:25 CET 2003

At 08:07 PM 12/17/2003, Joao Sampaio wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have just finished to install SER for the first time and I followed the instructions from the document How To SER.
>
>But I have some doubts:
>        -->I put on the variabel SIP_DOMAIN the host name of my computer which is in the DNS server. Is this correct or should I put the IP address of my proxy machine?

set it to name as used by your client accessing your SIP service. For example, our domain
has an SRV entry iptel.org, which gets resolved to some IP address. "iptel.org" is used
as SIP-DOMAN. The name must be resolveable to the box where SER is running.

>        -->In the ser.cfg file I change the "mydomain.com" to the host name of my machine. Is it Ok?

Yes, if it resolves as described above.

>        -->I have my MySql database running, with the ser database created and with a defualt admin user. But I coudn't register my SIP phone in my proxy. The phone gives this error: " Proxy registration failed. Disabling proxy. Reason: registration denied (SIP/2.0 483 Too Many Hops)"        Note: I have already uncommented the database lines in ser.cfg like was said in the instrations.

see the documentation, http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/seruser/seruser.html#AEN1039

jiri