[Serusers] SER starter

Joao Sampaio est-j-sampaio at ptinovacao.pt
Wed Dec 17 20:07:17 CET 2003

Hello,

I have just finished to install SER for the first time and I followed the
instructions from the document How To SER.

But I have some doubts:
	-->I put on the variabel SIP_DOMAIN the host name of my computer
which is in the DNS server. Is this correct or should I put the IP address
of my proxy machine?

	-->In the ser.cfg file I change the "mydomain.com" to the host name
of my machine. Is it Ok?

	-->I have my MySql database running, with the ser database created
and with a defualt admin user. But I coudn't register my SIP phone in my
proxy. The phone gives this error: " Proxy registration failed. Disabling
proxy. Reason: registration denied (SIP/2.0 483 Too Many Hops)"        Note:
I have already uncommented the database lines in ser.cfg like was said in
the instrations.

 Any help with be very apreciated.

Thank you.

	João Sampaio