[Serusers] Re: Xten-RTPProxy choppy audio

Klaus Darilion darilion at ict.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 10 17:07:00 CET 2003

I can reproduce the choppy audio
setup:
budgetone-100 <----> ser+rtpproxy(version from today) on redhat 9 (or 8,
not sure) <------>x-lite build 1088 on win xp

the choppy sound occours every 5 seconds, in both directions.
RTP-analysis:
RTP stream from budgetone to x-lite (via rtpproxy) is fine (no jitter,
no loss)
RTP stream from x-lite to budgetone (via rtpproxy): very strange: x-lite
switches to a new SSRC (and seq-nr. start at 0 again) every 5 seconds.

so, in my opinion: rtpproxy works fine, x-lite is guilty. but why does
this happen only if the rtp proxy is involved? ...further investigations
are planned...

Klaus