[Serusers] stop rety

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Dec 10 16:06:53 CET 2003

At 06:29 PM 12/9/2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:
>I've had this same problem, trying to do forwarding to voicemail.  If the voicemail does not answer (using a separate vm server -- asterisk) then the invite keeps going forever.  In fact, the sip phone rings forever even after the original inviter has canceled.

Sounds like a possible misconfiguration to me.

If the destination is dead, SER gives up on retransmission (fr_timer).
If the destination does not send a final reply, SER cancels at fr_inv_timer.

-jiri

>I didn't add the append_branch("sip:parallel at localhost:9").  Is that necessary for some reason?

It is necessary if you wish to forward to this address. I suppose you don't want
to forward to a sink destination and this is just a value taken from an example.