[Serusers] Re: Xten-RTPProxy choppy audio

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Dec 10 15:15:26 CET 2003

On Wednesday, Dec 10, 2003, at 14:16 Europe/Amsterdam, Maxim Sobolev
wrote:

> Probably you need to replace "we have solved" with "we don't observe",
> because to say that something is "solved" you probably should be able
> to describe what the solution is.

20+ of my customers have experienced a problem in the interaction
between xten soft clients and the rtp media proxy. I have reported this
to Maxim (3 november),  to xten (6 november) and ser user list  (6
november).  I have received no answer, hence the effort we put in
finding a solution ourselves.

Maxim, I have all respect for all you work.  For the sake of this, here
is my correction:

"We don't observe this with our media proxy"

> Personally I am not convinced that there is actually a real problem
> with our RTP proxy (my own tests and Jan's information confirms that),

Personally, I am totally convinced that I had a problem and I am am
perfectly convinced that I solved my problem. I think this is the
single point of arguing here.

> it could be just equially likely be the problem with your setup (OS
> you are using, libraries, network etc).

It is not isolated to my setup. Before I have notified Maxim, Xten and
SER user list,  I have reproduced the problem on different operations
systems (Windows and MacOSX), different Xten versions, different
firewalls (NET Gear, D-Link, Alcatel Speetouch and Linux masquerading)
different IP networks and different sip server software.

> Therefore, I strongly suggest you to stop asserting that your version
> is better

I wrote "alternative" version with different features. Nothing about
"better". Your software is better :-)

> in this respect than original one unless you are able to tell where
> the difference is or to provide instructions on how to reliably
> reproduce the problem.

To reproduce this I start up Xten and make a call via the proxy.

> Thanks!

Welcome.