[Serusers] Xten-RTPProxy choppy audio

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Dec 10 13:58:23 CET 2003

The problem is that every few seconds there is a gap of half second in
the audio stream (quality-wise the conversation is unacceptable) when
using Xten softphone X-lite or X-PRO on either Win or Mac via RTPProxy.
I can consistently reproduce this problem 100% on various systems and
so do all my customers.

For the sceptics, there is a movie with the problem presented
(Quicktime is required to play the stream):
http://download.dns-hosting.info/SERMediaProxy/
XtenProblemWithRTPProxy.mov

and an audio extract:
http://download.dns-hosting.info/SERMediaProxy/
XtenProblemWithRTPProxy.wav

This is the problem solved in our media proxy.

Regards,
Adrian