[Serusers] Problem creating mysql database

Nils Ohlmeier nils at iptel.org
Thu Dec 4 15:28:39 CET 2003

Hi,

please keep list in CC to enable other users to learn from the results.

On Thursday 04 December 2003 15:20, Franz Edler wrote:
> > From: Nils Ohlmeier  Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 2:32 PM
> >
> > Ohh, sorry. Seems i read not carefully enough.
> > But what was the output of '/usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create'? If there is
> > no Ser database after this command, i assume that there was some kind of
> > error message as result of the command.
>
> This is the dialog, that happens at '/usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh create´':
>
> MySql password for root: <my Linux root password>
> Doamin (realm) for the default user 'admin': < value of variable
> SIP_DOMAIN>
>
> /usr/sbin/ser_mysql.sh: line 1: gen_ha1: command not found
> HA1 calculation failed.

This is very strange because the gen_ha1 is included in the
ser-0.8.11-0.i386.rpm as /usr/sbin/gen_ha1.
Did you installed the basic ser rpm?
It is a dependency for the ser-mysql rpm, so i guess yes. In that case my only
assumption is that for some very strange reason /usr/sbin/ is not included in
your PATH.

Regards
  Nils