[Serusers] Rewriting From header fields

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Wed Dec 3 17:56:16 CET 2003

Hello,

As far as I know nobody is working on it and there is no other field but
Remote-Party-ID that can be used. Unfortunately we couldn't provide a
fix for every shortcoming in SIP user agents, so the options are:

1) Ask grandstream for rpid support
2) Use a B2BUA that can change From (but that's ugly).

We do not plan to introduce From rewriting because it would break
transaction matching and SER is not call stateful.

  Jan.