[Serusers] Force MySQL Authentication

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Aug 25 09:42:06 CEST 2003

You need to configure your script correctly, that's it. You are reading
the documentation on the web which refers to last release, 8.10, and
using tarball of 8.11 -- that's where some of your confusion comes from.

You need to rebuild with mysql support (make include_modules=mysql all,
make include_modules=mysql install) and uncomment authentication-related
lines from ser.cfg. The value of realm can be changed in the first
parameter of www_(authorize|challenge). To deal with Windows Messenger
bugs, preferablys set it to your sever's domain name.
-Jiri

ps -- I suggest you stick to problem reporting guidelines as on our
website. It is hard otherwise to see what's wrong. Scripts and messages
are important.