[Serusers] Anyone with binaries or RPMs that will work on RH 7.0?

Paul Arnott parnott at fuse.net
Tue Aug 19 03:03:48 CEST 2003

Unfortunately the machine I am trying to install ser on is headless (i.e. an appliance) which makes compiles
very difficult and I don't have any other RH 7.0 machine available to recompile on. So does anyone have
RH 7.0 binaries or RPMs that have been recompiled to fix the following problem?

Desc:  ser won't run on linux kernels <2.4  (fails with EINVAL when
      intializing the shared memory)
BugId:  n/a
Ser version: 0.8.8, 0.8.9, 0.8.10
Workaround: Upgrade to a 2.4.* kernel (older kernels don't support shared
            mmaping of /dev/zero ) or recompile ser with SYSV shm instead of
            mmap (remove -DSHM_MMAP from Makefile.defs)
CVS status: n/a

The RH 7.0 RPMs at the download site seem to have this problem (must have just been compiled without testing?).