[Serusers] SER Service Hanging

Chad Brown chad.brown at identitymine.com
Tue Aug 12 06:11:26 CEST 2003

I am running SER under Red Hat version 9. 30% of the time the SER
service will hang when rebooting the server. Simply restarting a time or
two will ultimately take care of the problem. This intermittent problem
is very frustrating, does anyone have an idea.

This server will be dedicated to running SER and therefore I have been
looking for ways to increase performance. Perhaps I should ask for ideas
around a configuration that will be solid, reliable and preferment when
dedicated to SER. I would be open to switching to a different OS if
needed.

Thanks,

Chad