[Serusers] loose_route question

Ricardo Villa ricvil at epm.net.co
Tue Aug 5 03:37:56 CEST 2003

Hi,

I would like to understand a little bit better the "loose route" concept.  I have seen 2 different configs for ser:

Sometimes the config has just:
loose_route();

...and sometimes it has:

       if (loose_route()) {
                t_relay();
                break;
        };

How exactly do these 2 differ?  The README says: "The function performs loose routing as defined in RFC3261", but why would I put a t_relay() after checking for loose_route()?

What I can tell so far is that loose routing leaves the next hop in the Route header, but I don't understand which one of the above two examples actually tell SER to do that.

Thanks,
Ricardo Villa