[Serusers] Problems and doubts

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Aug 5 00:23:04 CEST 2003

At 04:08 PM 7/31/2003, giAndrea wrote:
>Hi to all
>
>i've some doubts:
>
>I've installed SER on a Linux RedHad 9.0.
>
>1 - Why I can't see another SER server on a lan with MSN? Ex. andrea at foo.bar cannot send message and view andrea at foo2.bar

No clue -- we would have to see your captured messages, config files, etc.

>2 - On seruser.pdf at page 50 i've read that "The latest SER release includes automated multidomain management which greatly automates maintenance of multiple domains.". I've seen on mySql db that there is the domain table with domain primary key and on subscriber table user_name and domain are primary key. I think that there is exist a foreign key from subscriber to domain. Who has to write the information on this table? How do i configure ser to use multiple domain?

The functionality is implemented by the 'domain' module. See its README.

>3 - How do I configure ser to report information on mySql database? For example, i've configured ser for Reporting Missed Calls by the acc module

See modules/acc/README. All syslog instructions have their SQL equivalents.

>but there is an error on acc_request("404 Not Found"); instruction on ser.cfg.

There is no acc_request in 8.11 -- there is acc_log_request("comment") for
syslog and acc_db_request("comment","table" for mysql.

>4 - Microsoft MSN 6.0 doesn't support service communication. Is it true?

Yes. MSN!=windows messenger, only the latter supports SIP.

>5 - On seruser.pdf at page 87 there are the old version of database tables.

What is exactly old?

>6 - Where can i found help for ser command line options?

ser -h

Thanks,

-jiri