[Serusers] more problems with cisco ios sip

Juha Heinanen jh at lohi.eng.song.fi
Fri Apr 11 07:08:50 CEST 2003

Jiri Kuthan writes:

 > That depends on what gateway size you are looking for. If that is
 > enterprise, someone told me that VegaStream was doing a good job. I
 > haven't had opportunity  yet to get it to our labs.

some people have recommended me asterisk and i downloaded the software
yesterday.  for asterisk they are selling 4xE1 cards at usd 1495, which
is a good deal provided that the cards and the software can do the job.

so far i have had problems with registering asterisk with ser (it seems
to always use ip address instead of a name in the host part of uri and i
have not been able to give authentication username separately from the
uri).  also, i haven't been able to figure out, how it could be
configured to to forward all calls it gets from the isdn side to ser and
wise versa ...

-- juha