[Serusers] problem with compiling

Yang Xiang yang.xiang at iitb.fraunhofer.de
Mon Apr 7 12:23:01 CEST 2003

Hi Andrei,

after installed gmake 8.0 it gets compiled! However several errors appear
while installing.

1. /bin/sh: test: argument expected
    In Makefile line 173:  if [ ! -e $(cfg-prefix)/$(cfg-dir)ser.cfg ]; then
\
sh doesn't accept the option "-e". After changed this to "-f" it works.

2. make: ginstall: Command not found
Makefile.defs line 70:
-------------------------
ifeq ($(OS), solaris)
#use GNU versions
INSTALL = ginstall
TAR = gtar
else
------------------------
On my mashine I only have installed gnu install, so its name is just install
instead of ginstall. After changed this it works.

3. install -m 755 ser /usr/local/ser/sbin/
    find: cannot follow symbolic link /lib/locale/C/LC_MESSAGES/iscan: No
such file or directory
    find: cannot follow symbolic link /lib/locale/POSIX/LC_MESSAGES/iscan:
No such file or directory
    find: cannot follow symbolic link /usr/lib/locale/C/LC_MESSAGES/iscan:
No such file or directory
    find: cannot follow symbolic link
/usr/lib/locale/POSIX/LC_MESSAGES/iscan: No such file or directory
    install: ser was not found anywhere!
    make: *** [install-bin] Error 2

I have no idea how to fix it. Why do we need iscan? The symbolic link
/lib/locale/C/LC_MESSAGES/iscan is refered to
/opt/iscan/ISADMIN/IScan.adm/msg/iscan, but the directory
/opt/iscan/ISADMIN/IScan.adm/msg is empty. I only find a file "interscan" in
the directory /opt/iscan/ISADMIN/IScan.adm/cgi-bin.

Do you have any hints?

Thanks

Yang