[Serusers] problem with compiling

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Apr 4 16:22:04 CEST 2003

On Apr 04, 2003 at 15:38, Yang Xiang <yang.xiang at iitb.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hello Andrei,
>
> I've changed bison to the yacc of Sun (/usr/ccs/bin/yacc) and download the
> newst snapshot of CVS. But compilation still doesn't work:

The cvs snapshot should work with newer bison (it works here with bison
1.875a on linux).

> bash-2.03# make
> Makefile.rules:77: lex.yy.d: No such file or directory
> Makefile.rules:77: cfg.tab.d: No such file or directory
> yacc -d -b cfg cfg.y
[...]
> It says that the both files lex.yy.d and cfg.tab are missing. Where should
> they exist? And what for are they?

It's ok. They are dependecies files created automatically by the
makefile (so don't worry about these error messages).

The strange thing is only lex & yacc generated files are compiled and
only they are linked. The other strange thing is I cannot reproduce it
on any of my solaris machines.

So could you
    - tell me you gmake version? (gmake -v or make -v).
    - send me the output of ls -l in your ser directory
    - add the following 2 lines at the end of Makefile.sources and send
    me the make output:

$(warning "sources is $(sources)")
$(error "objs is $(objs)")

[ you will get an error and a list of files ]

Thanks,

Andrei