[Serusers] SIP and ATA-186 forwarding

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Apr 4 06:05:47 CEST 2003

At 01:19 AM 4/4/2003, Mike wrote:

>I'm trying to get SER to work properly with the call forwarding feature of
>an ATA-186.  The ATA-186 forwards calls (#90number#) by doing a BYE with
>an "also" header.  SER doesn't seem to do anything with this at all, and
>the call just sits in limbo until everybody hangs up.
>
>Call forwarding on busy/no-answer works, but I think that's because the
>ATA is doing a refer instead.
>
>Any clue where I should be looking for this?  Is SER supposed to support
>this BYE/also method, and I have something misconfigured, or is there
>additional work that needs to be done to support this?

I'm not sure what exactly happens from your narration. The terminology is
little a bit new to me -- forwarding means imho sending a 3xx reply to an
INVITE and not BYE requests. A message dump would help me to understand.

Anyway, I don't think that is an issue related to SER -- it is about
end-device features.

-Jiri