[Serusers] SER on FreeBSD Question

Yang Xiang yang.xiang at iitb.fraunhofer.de
Thu Apr 3 09:59:03 CEST 2003

Hi,

we are suffering the same problem. The serctl script was originally written
for Linux and is a little incompatible with other systems. Even if you
change the shell from sh to bash there are still some utilities like "tail"
which has a diffirent syntax than from Linux.

I am porting this script to solaris for our systems where no bash is
available. If this is also useful for you I can send you later.

Regards

Yang