[Serusers] Alternative to Mysql?

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Tue Apr 1 00:07:18 CEST 2003

At 11:23 PM 3/31/2003, David Beckemeyer wrote:
>That would be great, except I'm told I need the CVS version to
>make use of the feature in question, the alternative database.

David,

that's why I suggested you to try CVS as of an earlier date,
March 19th, 6 pm -- it is imho a point of time, which already
includes dbtext and before the last pre-release development
effort began. (Note that I'm not asserting it works -- it is
just my guess of a timepoint when new work pieces were tuned
together better than anytime else.)

>And I thought VOCAL was difficult to build and get running :-)

Let me know if you have an idea how we could help you better.

We would love to do so, it just seems to me that your expectations
are mutually exclusive. It seems you expect free server and support,
access to features under development, and stability -- all of which
imho mutually exclusive. If you desparately need new particular
features along with stability, we can put effort into integrating
them in a stable release for you. Backporting is however costly and
delays release of the next free stable release with new features.
I don't think that's doable within free support.

-Jiri