[Serusers] problem with sms module

Joe_chen chenhb at sict.ac.cn
Wed Dec 18 04:57:55 CET 2002

hi,
	i have compliled and loaded the sms module, then i linked my mobile phone (motorola v998) with my computer on com1 port. when i run ser in debug mode ,the output informations are:
..
 0(1515) DEBUG:modem_process: openning modem
 0(1515) INFO:initmodem: init modem Motorola on /dev/ttyS0.
 0(1515) INFO:initmodem: Checking if Modem is registered to the network
 0(1515) NOTICE:initmodem: Waiting 2 sec. before retrying
 0(1515) NOTICE:initmodem: Waiting 2 sec. before retrying
 0(1515) NOTICE:initmodem: Waiting 2 sec. before retrying
 0(1515) NOTICE:initmodem: Waiting 2 sec. before retrying
	the trouble is just like my modem device(motorola v998) doesn't work with my computer. do i need install the modem device drivers ? but i can't find the drivers, and my ser server is running on linux OS,if there are drivers for linux ?
	the second problem is how i can send sms message to ser, is there another UA supported sending sms?
thanks!
	reguards,Joe_chen